Salads are the staple of any good Aussie Christmas meal and the ideal take-along dish. I’ve decided to add a twist to the classic pasta salad and add a creamy basil dressing plus a bunch of colourful veggies and a little pomegranate for an added summer touch. Don’t be afraid to stuff this one full of your favourite veggies, the more the merrier I say!
- 500grams shell pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Pesto Dressing
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, firmly packed
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cook your pasta according to the packet instructions and drain, set aside until slightly cooled.
- Prepare the dressing by blending together the vegan mayo, basil and lemon juice. Stir through the pasta until well coated.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, pomegranate, capsicum salt and pepper and mix through until evenly distributed.
- Allow to cool completely in the fridge before serving.