For most of us the holiday season has now ended and it’s back to the daily grind, blergh! It also might be right about now that you’re looking back at your food choices over the Yuletide and thinking it may be time to simplify and make more wholesome meals to kick off 2015. This baby kale, chickpea and lemon number should be added to your meal roster for several reasons; it’s cheap, it’s tasty and it’s freakin’ easy to make in a flash. If that ain’t enough to impress you then don’t worry, 2015 is going to be a year of monster recipes at Like a Vegan!
- 250 grams pasta
- 1 can chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (garlic infused works great for this dish)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 large handful baby kale leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas and remove additional moisture by allowing to drain further on some paper towel.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frypan before adding the garlic and chickpeas. Cook for a few minutes and add the lemon juice and baby kale leaves.
- Throw in the drained pasta and mix well, adding the remainder of the olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.