I’ve been making variations on these little guys for yonks but for the life of me can’t figure out why I haven’t shared the recipe until now, how rude! They’re bitchin’ for several reasons; you can eat them for any meal, you can eat them hot or cold, you can chuck whatever you want in them and they’re gluten free. Now if those aren’t enough reasons to get you to make one of my recipes then sheesh, I dunno what to do!
- 12 stalks of asparagus, hard stalk removed and chopped, leaving the top aside
- 7 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup of chopped vegan cheese (I used Vegusto for this one)
- 600grams silken tofu
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dry mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a cupcake tray.
- Chuck all your veggies and vegan cheese in a bowl, leaving out some little bits for decoration.
- In a blender or food processor combine the remaining ingredients until very smooth.
- Stir through the vegetables and vegan cheese.
- Pour evenly into the cupcake tray and top each frittata with some asparagus, mushroom, onion and vegan cheese.
- Place in the oven for at least 30 minutes or until the top has completely set and the frittatas have slightly pulled away from the edges of the tin.
- For best results, allow the frittatas to cool completely before gently running a knife around the outside of each frittata and removing carefully.
- Reheat or serve cold!