Despite the fact I never really ate a lot of Bounty’s in my time as a non-vegan, I somehow felt desperate to make them over the weekend. Lucky I did though because these babies are outta sight! Your fave vegan chocolate provides the casing for the sweet, sweet, coconutty innards. Plus they’re soy and gluten free to boot!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 250grams vegan chocolate (make sure it’s soy and/or gluten free if necessary)
- In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil and caster sugar over a medium heat.
- Once melted, pour into a large bowl before adding the vanilla extract, almond milk and shredded coconut. Combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a small rectangular glass baking dish and press down firmly on top.
- Freeze for at least an hour before gently removing from the dish and cutting into 12 even pieces.
- Melt the chocolate and dip each bar gently to coat. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Allow to set in the fridge before serving.