Popcorn is one of my favourite foods and while I usually enjoy the simpler things when it comes to popcorn, sometimes I want to kick it up a notch and get a little crazy on the kernels. This time around I opted for a delightful savoury concoction made from cashews and nutritional yeast, sprinkled over those little white clouds of heaven, you’ve got yourself a mad snack.
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- Spray oil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Make the cheese sprinkle by combining all ingredients in a blender or food processor until a fine powder is formed. Set aside.
- Using an air popper, pop your kernels (you can also pop in a pan if you like).
- While still hot, spray generously with olive oil spray and gradually add the cheesy sprinkle while shaking gently until the kernels are nicely covered.
- Serve immediately.