Where to Buy: www.sweetwilliam.com.au for stockists.
Price: From $2.85
Since I went vegan, I’ve always had Sweet William products as a staple in my pantry so when they asked me to write a little something about them and create a recipe, I was stoked to do so. The best thing about Sweet William products is that they’re easily accessible, which means you can pick it up at most supermarkets (like Coles, IGA, Woolworths and Big W) at any time of day or night and don’t have to wait for your local specialty store to open when you need your chocolate fix. They also have an unbelievable selection of products to suit so many dietary requirements because they’re:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Nut free
- GMO free
- Free from artificial flavours, colours and preservatives
- Low GI
They even have a whole range with no added sugar, suitable for diabetics and those watching their calorie intake. Just because you don’t party with sugar doesn’t mean you can’t party with variety, the Sweet As 100g blocks start from $3.99 and come in an assortment of flavours like the crispy Rice Crackle, standard Original, Dark Chocolate with Orange and my personal favourite White Strawberry. Plus you can get 50g bars in the I’m Sweet Enough range in Dark Velvet, Original and Dark Chocolate with Orange to stuff into your face on the go from around $3.00.
For those of us who are all about the sugar life, the standard range of Sweet William chocolates are where it’s at. The 100g blocks start at around $3.30 and come in two flavours: Original, which in my opinion is best for cooking, and White Delight, which in my opinion is the best for eating all day everyday and putting in everything you ever cook (see below recipe for proof). Having such a readily available white vegan chocolate available is pretty rare and I’m so stoked that we have this available to us in Australia. 50g bars start at $2.85 and come in Original and Rice Crackle too, plus if you’re just after a little chocolate fix, the Multi Pack is full of 15 mini bars to make that afternoon at work just that little bit more bearable.
Even though all of the above can be used for cooking, it’s nice to have Sweet William Choc Chips in the cupboard when those midnight cookie baking sessions get going (surely that can’t just be me that does that!) Plus if you’re missing chocolate spread on your sandwiches, Sweet William even make a Chocolate Spread with 60% less sugar so you can eat it by the spoonful and not feel anywhere near as guilty.
When it comes to special occasions, the Easter Bunny Multipack (there’s a sugar free version too) and Rice Crackle Bunny are great options for Easter hunts and the Santa Multipack will come in handy for stocking fillers!
Now that you’ve filled your shopping trolley with oodles of Sweet William stuff, I suppose I should tell you what to do with it, huh? My Triple Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches are the ultimate use of your chocolate haul and this recipe should get you around 12 sandwiches.
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Sweet William Choc Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped Sweet William White Delight
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Sweet William Chocolate Spread
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the margarine, sugars and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda and continue to mix until a dough is formed.
- Fold through the Sweet William Choc Chips and chopped White Delight until they’re evenly distributed.
- Using a tablespoon as your measure, scoop out dough and roll into balls before spacing out 12 cookies on each tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until little cracks start to form and then remove from the oven to cool on the tray for half an hour before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the filling by whisking together the vegan cream cheese and the Sweet William Chocolate Spread.
- Spoon out the filling and place on the flat side of one of the cookies before sandwiching with another. For an extra chocolate hit, dip half of the cookie in more Choc Chips.
This was a sponsored post. For more information about sponsored posts click here.