If you didn’t know already, ice cream is my number one dessert. If you share my passionate love for ice cream, then it’s imperative that you get yourself a good ice cream maker (one with a built in compressor is best) so that you can create your own badass concoctions in the privacy of your own home and in no time at all. I recently discovered Pandaroo Sweet Condensed Coconut Milk at Woolworths and the warmer weather meant that ice cream was inevitable. The subtlety of rosewater seemed to be the perfect flavour this time around but trust me, there are plenty more to come. Let me know if there’s a flavour you’d love for me to make in the comments!
- 2 270mL cans full fat coconut cream
- 1 320g can sweet condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used an almond and coconut blend)
- 2-3 tablespoons rosewater
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-5 drops pink food colouring (make sure it’s vegan)
- Stick the cans of coconut cream upside down in the fridge for at least 48 hours before making this recipe (I like to keep cans in the fridge at all times so I’m always ready to go!)
- Open the cans of coconut cream and drain the clear liquid. Scoop out the thick coconut cream on top and chuck it into a blender.
- Add the condensed coconut milk, non-dairy milk, rosewater, vanilla and food colouring and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your machine.
- Carefully pour the finished ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for an extra hour before serving with your favourite toppings (or on its own).