Speculoos cookies are little Dutch spiced caramel biscuits and more often than not, they’re vegan but did you know you can also buy speculoos cookie spread? GASP! I picked mine up at ALDI a few months back but because I don’t really do sweet toast spreads, I put them aside for something special – ICE CREAM! You can find speculoos cookies pretty easily (I got mine at Coles, they’re Lotus brand) but you may have to look to the internet to find the spread.
- 2 270mL cans full fat coconut cream
- 1 320g can condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup speculoos cookie spread
- 1/2 cup crushed speculoos cookies
- Chuck all of the ingredients, minus the cookies into a blender and combine til smooth.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your machine.
- Once complete, pour into a container and allow to cool in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Add crushed cookies before serving.