Makes about 20 pieces
When sweetened condensed coconut milk came on the scene recently, I knew my life would be changed forever. Why? Because fudge was back in my life and in a huge way. I’ve been playing around with a few fudge recipes this month and in a massive win for everyone involved, the easiest one turned out the best.
Christmas is the perfect time for fudge because it’s indulgent yet easy to make plus it’s the perfect homemade gift! And what’s a festive recipe without a little fruit and alcohol huh? Nothin’, that’s what!
- 1 320mL can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 shot of rum (a teaspoon of rum essence will do)
- 1 250g block dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Line a standard loaf tin with baking paper, the neater you do this the less fudge you’ll have as off-cuts later on.
- Chuck the sweetened condensed coconut milk, vegan margarine and brown sugar into a medium saucepan.
- Over a medium heat, continuously stir the mixture until the margarine and brown sugar have dissolved before adding the vanilla and rum.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and add to the saucepan, still stirring, until a smooth and thick texture is formed.
- Fold through the raisins and pour the mixture into your prepared pan.
- Give the pan a few taps on the bench and smooth out the top before placing in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Once the fudge has set, gently removed from the tin and cut into pieces.
- You may then eat the off-cuts.