Have y’all recovered from the Christmas chaos? I hope so, because it’s time to get preppin’ for New Year’s Eve! I rarely ever find myself doing anything particularly exciting on December 31st but it’s always fun to have a few drinks so I’ve invented a cocktail just for the occasion.
The Basil-Granate is fruity, fresh and fun plus it’s easy to throw together. Don’t do alcohol? Just leave it out and you’ll still have a tasty mocktail in your hand all night long. Here’s to 2016, I’ve got so many exciting things to share with you all in the New Year!
- 1/4 pomegranate
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 shots vodka
- 2 shots Cointreau
- Fresh Basil
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Soda water
- Start by cutting your pomegranate into smaller pieces and submerging in a bowl of water to remove the seeds without the mess. Drain and put the seeds aside.
- Cut the lime in half and put aside with the pomegranate.
- Evenly divide the pomegranate seeds between two short glasses.
- Press a cluster of basil leaves in your palm to release the flavour and place in the glasses also.
- Cut the remaining lime into 4 wedges, chuck them in the glasses too before filling with crushed ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pomegranate juice, vodka and Cointreau with the juice of half a lime. Shake well.
- Pour evenly between the two glasses before filling with soda water.
- Garnish with additional basil and lime if desired.