Are you ready to nog?! Also, are you ready for all of the times I’m going to use ‘nog’ in this post? Ah well, too bad because I’m nog going to stop anytime soon.
I’m going to be straight up and let you know that not once in my life have I tasted real eggnog but I get the gist and eggs are gross so it’s better for all of us if we just straight up ditch them from this recipe. Who really needs eggs when you’re making what is essentially a frothy, Christmassy, alcoholic milkshake?! Nobody, that’s who.
Let’s celebrate our new arrangement with the adding of alcohol to milk.
- 1 400mL can full fat coconut cream (placed upside down in the fridge for at least 24 hours)
- 3 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brandy or dark rum (or 1 teaspoon brandy or rum essence)
- Open up the can of coconut cream and pour out the clear liquid before dumping the thick cream into the blender.
- Add the non-dairy milk, vanilla, agave, cinnamon, nutmeg and alcohol and blend until fluffy.
- Keep chilled before serving with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.