If you tell me a potato skin is going to be crispy, you’d better damn deliver me a crispy potato skin. I don’t take that responsibility lightly so believe me when I say these mofos are goddamned crispy. You really can fill them with whatever you want but this time around I added some beans to make them extra hearty.
- 6 washed potatoes, go smaller on the size
- Olive oil spray
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup mixed beans
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese (I used Daiya)
- 1 spring onion
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Stab the potatoes all over with a fork before carefully placing in the oven (directly on the racks or a pan with a roasting rack).
- Cook for 50 minutes before removing from the oven. While the potatoes are cooling, crank up the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each potato in half lengthways and scrape out most of the potato inside, leaving a little with the skin so they hold shape.
- Place skin up on the baking tray and spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.
- Bake for 10 minutes so the skin is nice and crispy. Gently turn over and spray again with olive oil before popping back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Fill the skins with beans and top with vegan cheese before returning to the oven for a final 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Finely chop the spring onions and sprinkle on top before serving.