I’m not a huge pasta person (I know, sue me) but sometimes I’m just fully down with it. This weekend I thought I’d have a crack at some cannelloni because apparently just pasta with sauce isn’t good enough for me. This can get a little messy but if you take your time and do it carefully, you’ll end up with delicious creamy tubes of goodness.
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 227g tub of vegan cream cheese
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 21 instant cannelloni tubes
- 3/4 cup vegan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil before adding the garlic and onion for the sauce.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, brown sugar and herbs, bringing to the boil while stirring.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, throw the spinach, garlic, spring onion, vegan cream cheese, chickpeas, cornflour, non-dairy milk, salt and pepper into a blender, blending until well mixed but not completely smooth.
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a baking dish and smooth out evenly.
- Using a piping bag, carefully pipe the spinach filling into the cannelloni tubes, laying neatly on top of the sauce in the baking dish.
- Once complete, pour over the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the vegan cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the pasta is completely cooked and the cheese melted.
- Serve immediately.