If you managed to wrap your head around that bitch of a recipe title, wait til you wrap your mouth around what the recipe makes! The cashew base makes it soy free and when you throw in that banana and choc chip combo, Craig David wouldn’t be able to handle all that flavour. Now, I’ve been trying to chill a little on the sugar lately (dw fam, I’m not gonna go all IQS on your asses) so I sweetened this guy with stevia which you can tastea little bit, but feel free to use agave or maple syrup if it’s more your jam.
Hint: Make sure you leave plenty of time to cool the cashews!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/3 cups nut milk (I used a cashew and almond blend)
- 2-3 tablespoons natural banana extract
- Liquid stevia (enough to your liking)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Chuck the cashews in the saucepan and cover with water, bringing to the boil and keeping things going for about 20 minutes til they’re hella soft.
- Drain the cashews well before popping in a container and allowing to cool completely.
- Once cool, throw them in the blender and gradually turn the dial up to maximum blendage.
- Slowly pour in the nut milk and blend until the mixture is smooth AF, then add the banana extract and sweetener of your choice.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and freeze according to the instructions, adding the chocolate chips just towards the end of the process (if you don’t have an ice cream maker it should still work, just fold in the choc chips).
- Scrape the mixture out into a freezer-safe vessel and freeze until firm.
- Remove a short time before you’re ready to serve to allow the mixture to soften to a good consistency.
Tried this recipe or have a suggestion for another ice cream flavour you’d like a recipe for? Hit me up in the comments below!