First things first: banana bread is cake that we call bread to make us all feel better about the fact that we’re eating it for breakfast. In saying that though, this version of BB is actually not that bad, so you don’t need to lie to yourself if you chomp down on it prior to 10am. Plus it’s gluten free and refined sugar free (you can really use whatever sweetener you like!)
- 3 large, very ripe bananas (I’m talking black AF)
- 1 cup nut milk (I used macadamia)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups GF plain flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil (you could use melted coconut oil if that’s more your jam)
- 1 tablespoon liquid stevia
- Shaved almonds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line your loaf tin with baking paper.
- Carefully peel the bananas, mash well in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the nut milk and apple cider vinegar before setting aside for 10 minutes).
- Chuck the GF plain flour, almond meal, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl and combine well.
- Add the milk mixture, canola oil and stevia to the mashed banana and mix well until combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix vigorously until a nice batter is formed. There will be some chunks and that’s ok.
- Carefully pour the batter into the lined loaf tin, smooth out the top and tap on the bench before scattering with shaved almonds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold!