No festive feast is complete without a hefty serving of potatoes and this year is no different. By thinly slicing the potatoes into discs, not only do you get delicious crispy edges but you also get a hella tasty and good lookin’ side dish that makes the perfect accompaniment to any Christmas meal.
- 4 white potatoes, washed
- 4 red potatoes, washed
- 2 small red onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and prepare a shallow baking dish that is suitable for cooking and serving.
- Very thinly slice all of the potatoes as well as the red onions; you want all of them to be in discs of an even thickness.
- Pop the potatoes into a large bowl and set the onions aside for now.
- In a small bowl or jug, whisk together the olive oil and minced garlic before pouring over the sliced potatoes, coating them well.
- Starting from one end of the baking dish, pack in the potato slices one at a time, alternating in colour and chucking in the onion rings as you go.
- Once you’ve filled the dish, bake in the oven until golden brown (approximately 40 minutes).
- Add salt and serve immediately.