Valentine’s Day is coming up and if you’re looking for a sweet treat to make that special someone – these meringues are just the thing! Even if you’re single AF like me, 50+ meringues make the perfect food to wallow in your loneliness with. TBH it’s surprising Leo still hasn’t picked up the phone…
- 2/3 cup canned chickpea juice
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 120°C and line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- Pour the chickpea juice into the bowl of your electric mixer and whisk on high speed until the mixture starts to turn white.
- While the mixer is still on, add the rosewater and then the caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- Sprinkle in the xanthan gum and mix until it’s combined.
- Prepare your piping bag with a piping tip. I used a star-ish shape but a regular star or round tip will work well too!
- Add about 1/4 cup of the meringue mixture to the bottom of the piping bag, followed by 2-3 drops of food colouring. Repeat until the piping bag is full.
- Pipe onto the trays, spacing out about 2cm apart.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, until the meringues are crispy on the outside.
- Allow to cool and serve – or pop in decorative jars to give as gifts.