Makes about 1 litre
We all love a good cheesy sauce, right?! There are so many different ways to make a bangin’ vegan cheese sauce but this one is my fave by far. It’s lower in fat, carbs and calories than many others, it’s nut free and gluten free plus it’s super easy to make without compromising on taste because fam, you know I ain’t given up taste for NOTHIN.
Coat your fave pasta to make mac ‘n’ cheese (like I did below), make cheesy fries or fondue – do whatever you want with it, it’s your life! My tip: add extra miso for a more tangy sauce!
- 2 x 425g cans butter beans, drained
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (use 1 cup for a thicker sauce)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- Chuck the butter beans, garlic, miso paste and white pepper into a blender and whizz that stuff up til it’s well combined.
- Add the nutritional yeast, olive oil, soy milk and liquid smoke to the mix and blend until smooth ‘n’ creamy.
- Transfer to a saucepan and stir over a medium-high heat for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Serve immediately.