Anybody who says they don’t like tofu has either never tried it cooked the right way or they’re just plain wrong. This Sweet Sesame Tofu is so easy to make, tastes delicious and you can add it to just about anything your little heart desires; try it in your fave salad, stir fry or buddha bowl!
- 250g high protein, firm tofu
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm cube ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the tofu into 3cm x 3cm cubes and pop in a shallow container.
- Mix together the garlic, ginger, kecap manis, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Pour over the tofu and put the lid on the container.
- Shake gently to coat the tofu. At this stage you can leave it in the fridge for up to 24 hours for extra flavour.
- Spread out onto the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until the tofu starts to darken.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!