There are greens in this smoothie. You wouldn’t know it though because the sometimes unpleasant greeny taste is covered up by the much more pleasurable chocolatey taste of raw cacao. By doing this, you’re nailing a serve of fruit and a serve of veggies before your day has even started. I love lookin’ out for you guys!
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 small, ripe bananas
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vegan sweetener (optional)
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- Raw chocolate to serve (optional)
- In a small cup, whisk together the chia seeds and water. Set aside until it thickens.
- Chop up the bananas and chuck them in your blender before adding the spinach leaves and cacao powder.
- Pop in the chia seed gel and sweetener if you need it.
- Pour in your non-dairy milk and blend that baby until smooth.
- Distribute between two glasses and serve with raw chocolate.