I’ve teamed up with my friends at Orgran to make a bunch of hella tasty recipes using their easy to find, super affordable products. The best thing about Orgran though? Their stuff is a-ok for just about anybody to eat because they’re:
- Gluten free
- Wheat free
- Egg free
- Dairy free
- Yeast free
- Nut free
- GMO free and
For my first recipe, I’ve decided to marry together Orgran’s Falafel Mix with my waffle maker to create a mind blowing treat perfect for your next party, picnic or gathering. Thanks to this amazing mix, you can whip these babies up in no time and even make them in advance to reheat in the oven when your pals arrive. My Jalapeño Falafel Waffles (Waffalafels?) are best served with a Simple Tomato + Corn Salsa and Easy Guacamole so I’ve included the recipe for how to make those too.
Note: You want to use a waffle maker that creates segments so that your waffles are the perfect party serving. If you don’t have one, no sweat, just make them bigger and turn them into a meal!
Jalapeño Falafel Waffles
- 1 packet Orgran Falafel Mix
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 170mL water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Spray oil
Simple Tomato + Corn Salsa
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Heat up your waffle maker before chucking the Orgran Falafel Mix, jalapeño, paprika and turmeric into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the water and olive oil, mix well and set aside for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.
- Pop the cherry tomatoes, red onion and corn kernels into a small bowl and mix to create the Simple Tomato + Corn Salsa.
- Make the Easy Guacamole by mashing together the avocado, garlic, lemon juice and salt before adding the spring onion. Set aside with the Simple Tomato + Corn Salsa.
- Now that your waffle maker is heated and your mixture is ready, grease the waffle maker with spray oil and evenly spread out half of the Falafel Mix onto the bottom of the waffle maker.
- Close the lid and allow to cook for 8-12 minutes until the waffles start to brown and go crispy on the outside.
- Once cooked, remove from the waffle maker and repeat with the second half of the mixture.
- Slice up the waffles and serve with a generous amount of Simple Tomato + Corn Salsa and Easy Guacamole.
This was a sponsored post. You can learn more about sponsored posts and how they help improve Like A Vegan here.