Makes 4 sandwiches
Everybody loves a good sammy and even though there are SO many vegan sandwich fillings out there, I was yearning for more. Enter my Vegan Boiled Egg recipe and a few other bits and pieces to recreate the classic egg salad without any animal cruelty – premo!
Note: You don’t necessarily need an egg mould for this recipe but you want to make sure you can fill the whites with the yolks and chop into pieces.
- Vegan Boiled Eggs (get the recipe here)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or margarine
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the Vegan Boiled Eggs as per the recipe.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard and spring onion.
- Roughly chop the Vegan Boiled Eggs and carefully fold them through the mayonnaise mixture.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with vegan butter or margarine and top with shredded lettuce.
- Spoon on the egg mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the remaining slices of bread on top of each sandwich, cut as desired and serve.