Makes about 1 cup
There’s something so satisfying about making your own vegan cheese but so many recipes out there are hella time consuming. This recipe takes only minutes to whip up and tastes great on crackers, in pastas and even straight from the jar.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 8 hours)
- Juice of a half lemon
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Chuck the soaked cashews into a food processor and pulse for 60 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice, non-dairy yoghurt, miso, salt and nutritional yeast and blend until fine.
- Transfer to a glass jar and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.