Looking for a quick and easy treat to take along to your next gathering? My 4 Ingredient Macaroons are going to be that quick and easy treat, whether or not they make it to the gathering entirely depends on your restraint though.
- 2/3 cup aquafaba (the liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Add the aquafaba and vanilla extract to the bowl of your electric mixer. Beat on high.
- While the mixture is whipping up, add the caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- Continue to beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold through the desiccated coconut until evenly mixed.
- Using an ice cream scoop, measure out the mixture a few cm apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.