Oh hey there, it’s been a little minute! It’s time for my first recipe of the year and boy, is it a doozy! I’ve teamed up with my friends at Orgran yet again to create this tasty little number; a creamy as hell pasta sauce, bursting with basil-y flavour and served with Orgran’s amazing Quinoa Spirals.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 packet Orgran Quinoa Spirals
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy but your fave will work just fine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (plus extra to serve)
- Chuck the cashews in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer until very soft (about 20-30 minutes).
- Drain the cashews, fill the same saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the Orgran Quinoa Spirals and stir occasionally while cooking for about 8 minutes.
- Pop the cashews in a food processor or blender and slowly add the non-dairy milk and olive oil while blending on high.
- Add the basil (save some for serving), salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once the pasta has cooked, remove from the heat, drain and rinse with warm water. Set aside.
- Pour the sauce mix into the same saucepan and heat on low until thickened.
- Stir through the pasta and serve immediately with salt, fresh basil, lemon and nutritional yeast.
This was a sponsored post. You can learn more about sponsored posts and how they help improve Like A Vegan here.