Makes one bowl
There is a Lebanese joint near where I used to live that makes the most banging hummus. It’s so creamy and tangy and perfect that since my first taste I have been trying to recreate it. Mum recently bought a food processor so I decided to use it for this recipe and I will never be making hummus without it again! This is the best I have ever made and it comes dangerously close in both taste and texture to the one I used to enjoy.
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a food processor, blitz the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil until well combined and a little frothy.
- With the processor on, slowly add the chickpeas until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add the salt and water and process for 30 seconds.
- Taste and make any adjustments as per your preference.
- Serve with chips, lebanese bread or save to use on wraps/sandwiches.