Makes 8 rolls
Yet another delicious bakery-style treat to add to your repertoire! These light, crispy and delightfully cheesy treats make for the perfect snack or lunch on the run. Add some salad or vegetables to the side and you’ve got yourself a wholesome dinner. These things are incredibly addictive though, don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- 1 bunch of spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tub of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup of plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sheets of puff pastry, partially thawed (a lot of grocery store pastries are in fact vegan, just read the label)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Cook the spinach in the microwave (or stove if you’re that way inclined). Rinse with cold water and squeeze to remove the excess.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach and onion. Blend with a handheld mixer until you have a thick green paste.
- Add the cheese, garlic, flour, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut the pastry sheets in half.
- Spoon a large amount of mixture (about 1/3-1/2 cup) down the short edge of the pastry piece and carefully roll it up.
- Repeat for the remaining seven rolls and place on a greased oven tray.
- Spray with olive oil and bake in the oven until golden brown.