Do you like scrambled tofu? I don’t really. It’s usually too watery and/or completely void of any flavour whatsoever. I thought I would challenge my stance on scrambled tofu by whipping up my own for breakfast this morning. I challenged, I cooked, I conquered and I will definitely be making this one again!
- 350g high protein tofu
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon mince garlic
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, juice squeezed out and chopped into quarters
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 rashers of facon, cut into chunks
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, crumble the tofu into a bowl.
- Add the sauces and mustard to the tofu and mix well.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little olive oil.
- Add the bacon followed by the tofu, capsicum, tomatoes and olives.
- Continue to mix the ingredients in the frypan until the tofu has started to brown.
- Add the spinach leaves and continue to stir until wilted.
- Add the salt and pepper and serve with toast.