Makes about 15 cookies
You would have seen my Fig Jam recipe that I posted yesterday. Since I have two jars of the stuff, I thought I would use some in my baking and make some Jam Drop Cookies. These are a little bigger than the ones you probably tried as a kid, but feel free to make them smaller if you’d like to. The jam works deliciously with the dough to make a childhood classic come back to life in your vegan adulthood!
- 2/3 cup vegan margarine (I use Nuttelex)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons soy milk
- 1/3 cup Fig Jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream the margarine, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Add the soy milk before mixing to form a dough.
- Using a tablespoon as a measure, roll the dough into balls and space out evenly on a greased tray (leave about 10cm between each one as they will spread!)
- Gently press down on each cookie with a spoon.
- Make an indent in each cookie with your finger and fill generously with jam.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for about 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.