I recently started a new temp job and as per usual, I went through the whole “what can you eat?!” conversation before showing my new colleagues Like A Vegan. Not surprisingly, they were suitably impressed with the array of food I can make/eat. I also found out last week that I work with another vegan, which is fantastic! I took in a slice of this Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cheesecake for her to try and she immediately asked for the recipe.
I know I make a heckload of cheesecakes, but the fact is that they’re amazing. I’m actually trying to crawl inside of your brain and drum into you with big sticks that you NEED TO MAKE ONE OF THESE CHEESECAKES. When you make something from my blog, tell me about it, I really like to hear what you think of my recipes.
- 2 packets Oreos (in Australia, many Oreos varieties are vegan-friendly!)
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, I use Nuttelex
- 1 tub Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 carton Soyatoo Topping Cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Grease a springform tin and set aside.
- Blend 1 1/2 packets of Oreos in a food processor, add margarine and mix well.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the springform tin.
- In a bowl, whip the Tofutti and Soyatoo with a fork.
- Throw in the vanilla and icing sugar and mix until combined.
- Crush the remaining Oreos and fold through.
- Pour the cream mixture onto the base and spread evenly on top.
- Set in the fridge for at least 4 hours, overnight for best results.
- Try not to eat it all before you can share it with friends!