I’m sorry I haven’t posted a lot lately, I have been working, dog sitting, Eastering and redecorating my room. I hope you can forgive my neglectfulness and take this delightful recipe as a consolation, just in time to make breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day (it’s this Sunday guys, just a heads up). I’ve never really been a breakfast person, but nobody can turn down a good pancake, especially when it’s topped with lemon and sugar. Mmmmm.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking soda.
- Add the caster sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Whisk in the soy milk, oil and vanilla essence.
- Heat a little oil in a small frypan, before adding a quarter of the mixture to the pan. Move the pan by the handle to allow the batter to spread out evenly along the base.
- When the batter begins to bubble after a couple of minutes, carefully flip it before cooking for a further minute or two.
- Repeat this process with the remainder of the batter and serve warm with your favourite topping.