Makes 9 pieces
The one thing I love more than coming up with new ice cream sandwich recipes is eating them! For my sister-in-law’s birthday I decided to make a Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches. My brother claims they are my best yet but there’s only one way for you to find out…
- 1 packet of Arnott’s Nice biscuits
- 2 cartons of Soyatoo Whipping Cream
- 1 can of Soymilke Soy Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup granulated nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Sweet William)
- At least 2 tablespoons banana essence (you may need more depending on the strength)
- 1 teaspoon yellow food colouring
- Line a freezer-safe, rectangular dish with baking paper.
- Lay 9 Nice biscuits on the bottom of the dish, sugary side down.
- In a large bowl, combine cream and soy condensed milk until well mixed.
- Add banana essence and yellow colouring.
- Fold in the nuts and choc chips.
- Pour mixture on top of the biscuits and even out with a spatula.
- Lay the remaining 9 Nice biscuits on top, sugary side up.
- Place in the freezer until set (around 4-5 hours should do the trick).
- Once set, remove from freezer and cut carefully, using the biscuits as a guide.