Hash browns are a wicked-dope breakfast treat and when you add the magic of herbs and garlic you can’t really go wrong! Unless you don’t like herbs and/or garlic in which case you probably shouldn’t make these.
- 3 small potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Egg replacer to replace one egg
- Oil for frying
- Grate the potatoes before squeezing to remove excess liquid.
- In a bowl, mix in breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast and salt.
- Add egg replacer and mix until combined.
- Evenly split the mixture into four and mould into tight discs.
- Heat 1cm oil in a frypan.
- Add discs to the pan and press down gently to flatten.
- Once golden on one side, flip and cook the other side.
- Drain on paper towel before serving.