The weather has been kind of nuts here lately. You think summer has hit and then the next second there’s a cold chill and a thunderstorm! Since I’m not the summery type, I’m appreciating the small parts of winter that are still remaining and taking the chance to eat a heck load of soup. This is so so so so so easy and really delicious, while winter is still here you should give it a try!
- 3 cups red lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken style stock cubes (I use Massel)
- 3 litres water
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 broccoli, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the lentils thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Pour in the water before adding the stock cubes, lentils, potato and carrot.
- Once boiling, add the tomato paste, cauliflower, broccoli, dried herbs, salt and pepper and allow to simmer for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot!