Makes one large bowl
My brother used to make a dish he called “Custom Fries” and I always used to try and steal them. Since I’ve been on a health kick, I’ve really craved a good chip, so I thought I’d try my hand at a healthier, baked version of those Custom Fries. These are seriously crispy, flavoursome and most importantly they satisfy that chip craving!
- 8 potatoes, skin on
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Stab the potatoes with a fork and cook in the microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- After allowing for the potatoes to cool slightly, remove from the microwave and cut into long strips.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure fries are adequately spaced.
- Spray with olive oil before sprinkling with onion powder, garlic powder, basil and salt.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favourite condiments.