I love it when you get a good vegan Tofu Cashew Nut at a Thai place so I thought I’d give it a crack myself. I had some friends over for homemade Thai recently and made so much food that I had no need to make this, I still had all the ingredients so I made it the next night for my family and it was very well received!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 750 gram block hi-protein firm tofu
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/2 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts
- Fresh basil and coriander to serve
- In a small bowl, combine the kecap manis, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and set aside.
- Cut the tofu into cubes about 2cm x 2cm.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok, before adding the onion and garlic.
- Add the tofu and cook until it begins to brown a little.
- Throw in the red and green capsicum and toss around for a couple of minutes before adding the sauce you prepared earlier.
- Tear up some of the fresh basil and coriander and add to the wok before tossing through the cashew nuts.
- Serve hot with rice and enjoy.