Makes 14 cookies
This week I’ve just had the urge to bake. I don’t know if it’s because I just got a new Mixmaster tattoo, or because I have about 1 million packets of icing sugar in my pantry. Instead of partying, at 10pm on Saturday night I had the urge to bake melting moments. I’ve never made them before but I had them finished within about 90 minutes. With a hint of lemony goodness, these tasty morsels were definitely worth the clean up. Plus I didn’t wake up the next day with a hangover.
- 2/3 cup Nuttelex
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup custard powder
- 1/3 cup icing mixture
- 3 tablespoons Nuttelex
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, combine the Nuttelex and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, custard powder and icing sugar and mix until well combined.
- Use a teaspoon to measure out the mixture and roll into balls, placing about 3cm apart on the baking tray. Press down with a fork to flatten!
- Bake for 15 minutes until slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- While the biscuits are cooling, use an electric mixer to beat together the Nuttelex, icing sugar and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
- Evenly spoon out the filling mixture onto half of the biscuits and gently place another biscuit on top to create a sandwich.