Makes about 14 skewers
Like the Satay ‘Chicken’ Skewers, these cheeky devils are great as a meal or entertainment option for vegans and non-vegans alike. Reminiscent of those honey soy skewers you may have had in your meat eating days, these are even better and of course made without the meat (or honey)!
- 14 wooden skewers
- 1 bag beef-style chunks, thawed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Mix together the soy sauce, kecap manis, rice malt syrup, garlic and ginger.
- Chuck the chunks into a container and pour the marinade over the top. Invert the container to cover the chunks.
- Place in the fridge for about 2 hours, inverting the container occasionally.
- Soak the skewers in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a baking tray.
- Thread about 5-6 chunks onto each skewer and place on the baking tray. Brush a little more marinade over each skewer and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes and serve hot.