Serves many as a party snack
My family loves a good dip in a cob loaf and until recently I’ve exclusively made the spinach version. I thought I’d branch out and try something different, so I made a three mushroom version. YUM! The combination of mushrooms is delightfully tasty but you could really do it with whatever combination of mushrooms you have lying around.
- 1/3 cup brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups shemeji mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Swiss brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch enoki mushroom, cut into thirds
- 3/4 tub Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 chicken style stock cube
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Remove the top from the cob loaf and pull out some of the inside. Make sure you leave enough room to fill with dip but don’t compromise the structural integrity of the bread. Place on a baking tray.
- Rip up the bread you’ve removed and the lid. Place around the loaf on the tray.
- Sauté the onion and garlic before throwing in the mushrooms.
- After tossing them around for a couple of minutes, crumble in the stock cube and stir through.
- Add the mayonnaise and Better Than Cream Cheese and stir through, before adding some chunks of fresh parsley.
- Pour the mixture into the bread and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy.