Oh look, some more dumplings that I’ve made! I’ve gotta say, I’m getting pretty darn good at making these little morsels of flavour explosion. This time I’ve gotten steamy again and banged out some mock prawn and ginger numbers. If steaming ain’t your thing, you go right ahead and pan-fry the damn thangs, I believe in you.
- 16 dumpling wrappers
- 8 mock prawns
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 spring onion
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Finely chop the mock prawns, spring onion and red onion.
- Combine with the ginger and lime juice.
- Wet the edges of each dumpling wrapper with water before adding a tablespoon of mixture to the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper over so the edges meet and pinch gently before making little pleats to seal the dumplings.
- Steam for 3-5 minutes or until wrapper becomes translucent.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of your choice.