- 18 Digestive biscuits
- 1/3 cup Nuttelex, melted
- 1 375 gram jar morello cherries (check for seeds)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons agar agar
- 1 tub Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- 1 carton Soyatoo Topping Cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Grease a springform cake tin.
- In a food processor, combine the biscuits and melted Nuttelex until completely crumby.
- Firmly and evenly press the
- In a saucepan, combine the cherries (including liquid), the caster sugar and the agar agar. Slowly bring to the boil while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the cake tin. Allow to set in the fridge for about half an hour.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Soyatoo and cream cheese. Sift in the icing sugar and continue to whisk.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the cherry mixture and spread out evenly. I made tiny little peaks in mine with the whisk before scattering almonds over the top.
- Allow to set in the fridge overnight and remove just before serving.