Fact: gingerbread is delicious and so is ice cream. That’s why I decided to combine the two to make one heck of a festive frozen dessert! You’re going to need a few special vegan ingredients to whip this up but what you’ll spend on ingredients, you’ll save in time. Pop it in the freezer a few days in advance and bring it out on the big day!
- 2 1/2 cups ground gingerbread cookies
- 1/3 vegan margarine, melted
- 2 cartons Soyatoo Topping Cream
- 1 can Soymilke condensed milk
- 1/3 cup Monin gingerbread syrup
- 1 cup candied ginger, roughly chopped
- Line a rectangular loaf tin with baking paper, leave some overhang so you can easily slide the cake out when frozen.
- Add the melted margarine to the gingerbread cookies and blend in a food processor until well combined.
- Press the cookie mixture firmly and evenly into the base of the lined tin.
- In a food processor, combine the Soyatoo, Soymilke and syrup and blend until smooth.
- Pour the creamy mixture into the tin and pop in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and evenly sprinkle the candied ginger on top, put it back in the freezer to set completely.
- Allow to freeze overnight and remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut with a hot knife.