Okay, so I obvs haven’t started my health-kick yet but I assure you, it’s coming! Before I launch myself into healthdom, I’ve decided to make a few decadent recipes and here’s one of my favourites. These cheese filled, deep-fried vegetables of moreish goodness go nicely with a light summer salad and some lemon mayo. If you end up with leftover stuffing, roll it into balls and deep-fry as well, they’re a treat of their own.
- 12 zucchini flowers (with zucchini still attached)
- 1/3 block Blue Style Cheezly
- 1 tablespoon Tofutti Sour Supreme
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crush
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups chilled water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a food processor, pulse together your Cheezly, Sour Supreme, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, basil, garlic. salt and pepper until well combined.
- Gently run your finger along the inside of the zucchini flower to open it up and fill with mixture being careful to avoid overfilling. Seal by twisting the top gently.
- In a bowl, sift in the flour before slowly adding the chilled water while stirring.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan or deep-fryer.
- Dip each flower into the batter before popping in the oil and frying until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel before serving.