I got my hands on a bunch of figs and needed to use ’em up, and quick! Some fig flavoured Spun Fairy Floss was also lying around and I figured that it would be a crime to not put the two together. This layered dessert is perfect for Autumn… or any other season really.
- 6 fresh figs
- 2/3 cup agave syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks (plus a couple more for garnish)
- 1 carton Soyatoo Topping Cream (or another cream replacement)
- 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup caramelised buckinis (if you can’t get these just used toasted muesli or something similar)
- Fig flavoured Spun Fairy Floss
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut each fig in half from the top down and spread them out in a baking dish.
- Chuck in a couple of cinnamon sticks and drizzle with agave syrup.
- Bake for 40 minutes before removing and allowing to cool.
- Combine the Soyatoo, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Pop a fig in the bottom of each serving glass before adding some of the cream mixture and buckinis.
- Continue with a couple more figs, cream, buckinis, remaining figs, cream and a sprinkle of buckinis.
- Allow to chill until you’re ready to serve.
- Before serving, add a cinnamon stick and a tuft of Spun Fairy Floss to garnish.