To celebrate the arrival of spring, I decided to bust out another ice cream slice recipe. This time around the flavour is more subtle with a hint of maple extract and some walnuts for some crunch. These ice cream sandwiches are perfect to whip out at a party because you don’t need plates; grab the damn thing with your hands and get stuck in!
- 1 packet Arnott’s Nice biscuits (or similar)
- 2 cartons Soyatoo Topping Cream
- 1 can Soymilke condensed soy milk
- 1-2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- Line a freezer-proof tin with baking paper and lay 9 biscuits right side down on the base. It’s important that the biscuits fit the tin or pan exactly.
- Chuck the Soyatoo and Soymilke in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add the maple extract to your desired strength and blend again. Taste and add more extract if necessary.
- Fold through the walnuts and carefully pour into the tin.
- Place the biscuits on top, right side up to mirror the biscuits you put on the bottom.
- Allow to freeze for at least 4 hours before slicing up and serving.