Makes one pizza base
This is my favourite pizza base recipe! It’s easy to make plus you can roll it out to be as thick or thin as you want. It’s nice and light and goes well with all of your favourite toppings.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3.5 grams dry yeast (half a sachet)
- 1 1/2 cups pizza flour (plus a little extra)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Start off by mixing together the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Once the yeast has dissolved, sift in the flour gradually while stirring.
- As the dough starts to come together, add the olive oil and salt and continue to knead in the bowl before kneading on a floured surface until the dough is stretchy and forms a smooth ball.
- Pour a little oil in a large clean bowl and roll the ball of dough around in it before covering the bowl with cling wrap and leaving to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, allow your baking tray or pizza stone to preheat too.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for a further few minutes and bring into a ball.
- Roll the dough out into a circle, flipping over every once in a while, until about .5cm thick.
- Add your favourite toppings and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked!