There’s nothing better than a lunch that’s quick and easy to make with the added bonus of tasting wicked and that’s what this Chickpea “Tuna” Salad is. You can chuck it on sandwiches, add it to a bigger salad, have it on its own or serve with crackers for a damn good light lunch. In the time it has taken you to read this little introduction, you could have already made this salad, unless you read it like super quickly, then maybe not.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the chickpeas and pop into a medium sized bowl.
- Using a potato masher, mash the chickpeas well but don’t make them too mushy.
- Add the onion, celery, chives and garlic powder.
- Stir through the mayonnaise and add the salt and pepper.
- Serve however you like.