Let’s face it – a cookie is never going to be guilt free but as far as cookies go, these guys aren’t so bad. They have a macaroon-y vibe going on which makes them super light plus they’re packed full of chia goodness so you know they’re pretty special. They’re gluten and soy free too, making them a great lunchbox snack for big and little kids alike.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup agave syrup or coconut syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, gluten free oats, chia seeds, coconut, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and agave syrup and mix until well combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place 2cm apart on a baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. They will be super wobbly at this stage, don’t worry!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray before serving.