For me it’s essential to have a few recipes in my arsenal that I can whip up with very little notice to take along to parties or dinners; this is one of those recipes. If you make a lot of my recipes, most of this stuff you should have lying around in your kitchen, plus you can get away with letting it set for only a few hours.Whip it up, pop it in the freezer and by the time you’re ready to eat it, it should be ready to serve.
- 1 packet Digestive biscuits
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 2 270mL cans coconut cream (I use Woolworths Select)
- 1 tub vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
- Pop your coconut cream in the fridge, upside down for as long as you can (at least 48hours).
- Make your crust by combining the biscuits, sugar and margarine in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Grease a quiche or tart pan and press the crust mixture into the base and up the sides.
- To make the filling, first remove your coconut cream from the fridge. Open the cans and drain off the clear liquid so only the firm coconut cream remains.
- In an electric mixer, whip the coconut cream, cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice and icing sugar until light and fluffy before adding 2/3 of the passionfruit pulp.
- Pour the filling mixture into the base and spread out evenly. Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours.
- Remove the tart from the freezer 30 minutes before serving and drizzle the remaining passionfruit pulp over the top of the tart.