Sometimes a wholesome bowl of goodness is all you need to make everything perfect. My Winter Bowl makes the perfect weeknight meal and doesn’t take long at all to whip up. You can really add whatever you want to this bowl but this is one combination I keep coming back to.
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 block high protein, firm tofu
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale (I used purple but any kind will do)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the tofu into 2cm x 2xm cubes and cut the potatoes to roughly the same size.
- Pop the potato on a baking tray, spray with oil and bake in the oven until golden brown (about 20-30 minutes), turning every 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the kale. Heat some olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, then the kale and cook until softened (if you want it super soft, massage in some oil and lemon juice before sauteing).
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the tofu and cook until golden on all sides.
- Add the brown rice to four bowls before adding the tofu, potato and kale. Drizzle with tahini and sriracha, sprinkle with sesame seeds and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.